What to Do After an Arkansas Tractor-Trailer Accident - Valuable Advice from Jonesboro Attorneys
Those who have been involved in tractor-trailer accidents in Arkansas are often unsure of what to do after a crash while at the scene of the accident. If you were injured in a truck wreck, there are several steps you should take to help protect your rights and safety:
- Call 911 first. If you are unable to move, ask someone else at the scene to call an ambulance, if possible. Unless your car is burning or otherwise unsafe, remain inside the car until emergency personnel arrive.
- Tell the police every detail of the crash that you can recall, and obtain a copy of the police report number.
- Exchange insurance and driver's license information with any other drivers involved in the tractor-trailer crash.
- Obtain the name of the trucking company who employed the tractor-trailer driver involved in the crash.
- Take pictures of the scene of the accident, including your vehicle, the truck that hit you, and the setting.
- Take notes about the time, weather conditions, visibility, traffic controls and traffic at the scene.
- Ask witnesses at the scene if you may have their contact information.
- If the police could not come to the crash scene, contact your local police department or the Department of Public Safety to find out how to file an accident report.
- Contact a Jonesboro truck accident attorney at McDaniel Law Firm, PLC as soon as possible.
- Contact your insurance company to report the car crash, but do not give any crash details until we advise you.
You have questions. McDaniel Law Firm, PLC has answers.
Knowing what to do after a tractor-trailer accident can be overwhelming. McDaniel Law Firm, PLC is here to help. Your losses can be devastating, but you can move forward with confidence when you have experienced trucking lawyers on your side. We're ready to go to work for you. Don't foot the bill for somebody else's reckless mistakes. Settlements and verdicts are more than about money. They're about justice.
McDaniel Law Firm, PLC is ready to set things right. Contact us today to get started. Call 870-336-4747 and schedule a free consultation today at our Jonesboro office. We proudly serve clients throughout Northeast Arkansas (including Jonesboro, Paragould, Craighead County, Lawrence County, Greene County, Mississippi County, Poinsett County), all of Arkansas, Southeast Missouri, and Memphis, Tennessee.