What to Do After an Arkansas Car Accident - Straightforward Advice from McDaniel Law Firm, PLC
Those who have been injured in a car accident are often unsure of what to do after a crash while at the scene of the accident. If you were in a wreck, the decisions you make immediately after an accident can be critical to your long-term well-being. There are several immediate actions you should take-if you are able-to help ensure that your rights and safety are secure:
- Call 911. Do not leave the scene of the accident under any circumstances.
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible. Serious car accident injuries such as brain injuries, spinal cord injuries and musculoskeletal damage often aren't visible to the naked eye. Symptoms of some injuries may take weeks to appear.
- Tell the police every detail of the crash that you can recall, and obtain a copy of the police report number.
- Exchange insurance and driver's license information with any other drivers involved.
- Take pictures of the scene of the accident, including all vehicles involved.
- Take notes about the time, weather conditions, visibility, traffic controls and traffic.
- Ask witnesses at the scene if you may have their contact information.
- Contact your insurance company to report the car crash.
- Contact an experienced, trusted, reputable lawyer if you were injured or a loved one was killed.
We can help after your car accident. Contact McDaniel Law Firm, PLC today.
Serious accidents demand serious legal representation from an auto accident attorney in Jonesboro. There's no room for error when dealing with negligent individuals who caused your accident - or insurance companies looking to keep money out of your pocket. That's why we're here. McDaniel Law Firm, PLC has the experience and resources necessary to get the compensation you deserve.
McDaniel Law Firm, PLC is ready to set things right. Contact us today to get started. A delay may affect your rights. Call 1-855-524-4744 and schedule a free consultation today at our Jonesboro office. We proudly serve clients throughout Northeast Arkansas (including Jonesboro, Paragould, Craighead County, Lawrence County, Greene County, Mississippi County, Poinsett County), all of Arkansas, Southeast Missouri, and Memphis, Tennessee.